Well, here it is…the end of Day 3 of my juice fast. I started out with intentions to fast for 7-10 days. Now I’m not sure what to do. Here’s what I’m thinking:
1. As of this morning (2 days of fasting) I was already down almost 5 lbs. This is fantastic! I am now in the 180s. I’m guessing I will be down some more when I weigh in tomorrow morning. I was hoping to use this time to jump-start some losing…and that’s obviously happening.
2. I have not had a lot of the “side-effects” that many seem to have such as headache, feeling sick, body aches, fatigue, etc. I believe much of the reason for this is that I have already cleaned up my eating habits quite a bit in the last 6 months. I’m thinking that I didn’t have as much detoxing since I’ve not been eating much processed food, dairy, eggs, meat, etc.
3. I do feel much better. I feel a lot less bloated.
4. I’m ready to eat…and what do I want to eat? I want a big plate of veggies and maybe some quinoa or beans or something. So, at least I’m not craving junk!
5. A small factor: I’ve juiced a majority of the produce I bought earlier this week. And that gets EXPENSIVE!
Okay, so I don’t want to be a quitter. I really went into this not knowing what to expect. I’ve read about the experiences of others, but each person is different. Right? Well, I really feel like I’ve done a good job at sticking with this. It has made me realize how hung up on eating I have become. Some days I get tired of thinking about food, but also eat more than my fair share. I realize that I do a lot more grazing than I think I do.
I am proud of the ways that I have changed what I’ve been eating over the past 6 months. Again, this is something I never, EVER thought I could (or would) do! I am proud that I have done 3 days of a juice fast! I don’t really feel like a quitter, I guess. Just changing the plan…which was not something that was set in stone anyway.
I can honestly say that I don’t want to quit because I’m hungry. Yes, I’ve been hungry more often than usual, but that is actually a good feeling once in a while. I don’t mind the juice. It’s not extremely tasty, but it’s not horrible either. I suppose I just feel like this has done my body good and that I’m ready to go back to eating healthy. I’ve realized some areas where I need to be careful, so I will continue to work on that.
I will probably do a juice fast every so often…maybe just for a day or two. I may even replace a meal here and there with juice. I am ready to go back to eating right and I think I will enjoy that food now even more than I did before.
Can you tell I’m sort of trying to convince myself here? I need to just make up my mind and get on with it. I do have juice made for breakfast…or maybe I will drink that now (I’m rather hungry). And then I will just ease back into eating. Smaller meals, that are mostly veggies for now.